Every autumn, the Marine Technology Society and the IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society sponsor OCEANS, a prestigious conference/exhibition that draws an international audience of more than 2,000 attendees:
- Over 500 professionally reviewed technical papers, including sessions focused on local themes.
- Plenary sessions with leaders from industry, academia, the military and government.
- 150-200 exhibitors showcasing the latest innovations in products and services.
- A student poster session featuring outstanding projects from around the world and other student activities.
- Tutorials, workshops, demonstrations, government listening sessions, social/networking opportunities, professional field trips ...and much, much more.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Submissions related to OCEANS ’15 Local and MTS/IEEE Core Topics will be considered. A list of topics is available here.
Abstracts may be submitted in one of three categories:
- Regular Technical Program: Abstract submitted for review, technical paper presentation in technical or poster session at the conference, and publication in IEEE Xplore.
- Student Poster Contest: Abstract, paper, poster presentation, and publication in IEEE Xplore. Open to any full-time student in an accredited program. Selected applicants, based on abstract reviews, will have travel and registration expenses subsidized.
- Special Sessions (Workshops and Panels): Abstract and presentation, no publication. Participation is at the discretion of the Technical Program Committee.
- Call for Abstracts February 23
- Call for Tutorials April 16
- Abstract Submissions Extended June 10
- Tutorials Close June 10
- Author Notifications July 7 (sent)
- Student Poster Notifications July 13
- Registration Opens July 12
- Registration Early Bird Deadline September 4
- Final Papers Due August 14
- Conference October 19-22
“Sea Change: Dive into Opportunity” will shine a bright light on some of the most critical issues the world faces today and how our community can help society develop solutions to address their impacts and benefit from new opportunities.
The annual OCEANS North America conference/exhibition rotates among locations with significant maritime communities. In 2015, the event once again will be held near Washington, DC:
- Gaylord Resort and Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland.
- Modern, expansive meeting and exhibition space with shoreside facilities.
- Easy access for key personnel from US government agencies, the military, academic & research institutions, NGOs, and embassies.
- Convenient to major airports and local attractions.